Farmer Carrie posted this lovely photo on Instagram. Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic -- from the farm, from your CSA share itself, or even a recipe you make with your Clagett produce -- and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
If you still need a reminder of how the share pickups work, here's everything you need to know.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 pound greens (lettuce, basil, chard and others)
- 1/2 pound green onions
- 3/4 pound turnips
- Take all you want of the following:
- garlic scapes
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- flowers (as always, please feel free to take any of the flowers growing in the field next to the washing station)
- lemon verbena
- sage (with edible flowers)
- onion chives (with edible flowers)
- calendula (edible flowers)
- garlic chives
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Eggs in a Nest
CSA member Angela sent in this delectable photo and a link to a yummy-sounding recipe for Eggs in a Nest, from Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.
Angela writes: "I wanted to share a picture I took of the dinner my husband made tonight using the chard and carrots from our farm share. This recipe is our favorite way to use swiss chard."
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team