This week's photo is from ThePoshLumberjack on Instagram. Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic -- from the farm, from your CSA share itself, or even a recipe you make with your Clagett produce -- and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
- What a day! It has been A DAY at the farm: some of our team overheated, and so did the truck. There was a wasp sting AND a flat tire. But we have a harvest! You'll see we're less specific on amounts today because we're busy tallying it all up. But we wanted to go ahead and get a note out to you.
- Beef for Sale: For those of you who pick up at the Farm, we have steaks and ground beef for sale as individual cuts in the freezer at the washing station.
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- a good quantity of squash and tomatoes
- garlic* (see note below)
- choice of yellow onions, red onions or shallots
- 1 green bell pepper
- choice of corn, okra or eggplant
WHAT TO EXPECT IN COMING WEEKS
- *We have so much garlic! It should keep well. Refrigerate any garlic that's still on your counter in the fall, and it should last all winter. (If you don't wish to take garlic in your share each week, don't worry! It won't go to waste. We'll sell the remainder for a good price, and that's helpful income for the farm.)
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- flowers (as always, please feel free to take any of the flowers growing in the field next to the washing station)
- lemon verbena
- onion chives
- garlic chives
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team