This weeks photo was submitted by CSA member Suzanne Wells.
Want to see your photos featured in this weekly email? Just snap a pic -- from the farm, from your CSA share itself, or even a recipe you make with your Clagett produce -- and either email it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Want to learning some basic canning skills?: CSA member Kathleen has generously offered to host a canning class next month in her home, giving 10 CSA member the opportunity to learn some basic canning skills. The class is happening, Sunday, September 8, from 2-5, in Kathleen’s home in Alexandria.
- When: Sunday, September 8, from 2-5pm
- Where: In Kathleen’s home kitchen in Alexandria. We'll give you more details when you sign up.
- Sign up by sending an email to Kathleen requesting a slot. Classes are limited to 10 participants and are first come, first served.
- What You'll Learn: The basics about canning tomatoes, making jams, relishes and how to deal with high acid foods.
- Cost: Kathleen only charges a $5 fee for supplies. Keep in mind that no one is licensed, insured, or paid for this activity. Thank you Kathleen!
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 1 melon
- 2 3/4 pounds potatoes, onions and garlic
- 1 pound sweet + hot peppers
- 1 3/4 pounds tomatoes
- 1/4 pound a choice of other items, varying by pick-up site
ON U-PICK THIS WEEK:
- groud cherries
- hot chile peppers
- basil - it's a good time to pick holy basil to dry for tea
- lemon verbena
- onion chives
- garlic chives
That's it for the week! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team