Photo by Jared Planz
- If you ordered oysters for pick-up in Annapolis, don't forget to bring your ice chest this Thursday.
- Do you have a pressure washer in good condition that you no longer use? Ours broke and we're looking for a replacement.
- One of our members asked where they could buy a snazzy CBF hat. The answer is, here! We have all kinds of fun Chesapeake Bay merch for sale.
- A number of you have been confused by the sun jewel melons. They are not squash! The skin is yellow with white stripes, and the flesh is crisp, white and mildly sweet. The skin and seeds are edible.
This week's share
- 3-5 potatoes
- A green bell pepper
- 12 oz red and yellow onions
- Half pound carrots
- Some kale or collards (our last until fall)
- 1-3 cucumbers (depends on size)
- A yellow squash or zucchini
- A head of garlic
- Half pound beans
- A choice of a flower bouquet or a bag of basil
- We have a few items in short supply, so we're not sure which you'll get in your share--a couple small ears of corn? an eggplant? a pint of cherry tomatoes? A small melon? Wait and see!
- This Lentil, Vegetable, Quinoa Salad is a good catch-all for whatever is haunting your fridge. In these hot months you might want something fresh and light but still filling.
- Tomatoes, peppers and eggplants are just getting started. Expect a trickle next week (week 10), and then we're forecasting a good amount by week 11.
- Several more weeks of potatoes, green beans and red and yellow onions.
- Our main crop of corn should be ready around week 12, assuming we can keep the pests at bay.
- Another little melon next week, we think.
- Cucumbers and squash are on the decline. A little more next week and then we're not sure.
- Carrots are finished until fall.
- Our first okra pods should start around week 11.
Have a wonderful week!
The Clagett Farm Team