This week's share
- garlic cloves, a tight handful
- sweet potatoes, 1 anxious, sleepless pound and 6 ounces
- eggplant, half pound--can't seem to unite with the other half
- peppers, half pound--ripe & sweet? green? stay tuned...
- cabbage, one small head with a furrowed brow and clenched teeth
- lettuce, a few small heads, one green, one red (or maybe its purple, or maybe 2 green)
- you can make this decision all on your own: purple top turnip or head of bok choi
- optional bag of chilies: we said they would burn, but does anyone care?
- Next week is our last week of shares! You can take a maximum of 2 shares at one time to make up for missed shares. Next week will have loose garlic cloves, a butternut, peppers, tat soi, collards, and either kale or mixed salad greens.
- One thing you can eat that is unequivocally good for the environment: Chesapeake Bay farmed OYSTERS. Order them now for pick up at the farm on Saturday November 14th. There will be another opportunity in Annapolis on November 24th, details to come.
- Ever seen bulldozers clearing a large, mature forest for a development no one wants, and yet your sound and fury signify nothing because the decision is already made? You should attend this webinar tomorrow: Before the Bulldozers. Learn how to make your voice heard early enough to have an impact.
- Garlic is sold out
Wishing we grew chocolate,
Carrie About-to-have-an-Aneurism Vaughn