Thanks to Farmer Carrie for this beautiful photo of tender spring microgreens. Want to see one of your photos featured in a future email? Send it to us or post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ClagettFarm!
Welcome to the first week of the 2017 season! (Need any reminders of how the share pickups work? Here you go!)
THIS WEEK'S SHARE
- 3/4 pounds garlic scallions
- Microgreens -- 2 half-pint containers, still rooted
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 seedling plants (inculding tomato plants and a few other options this week; culinary herb plants will be in next week's share)
- A small amount of additional other items, including salad greens, radishes, stinging nettles, kale and rhubarb
- Not sure what to do with those garlic scallions? Here are some good recipes
- For the microgreens, store them as-is, in a bag in the refrigerator. Use them within a few days; cut them off at the roots just before eating. They're a great addition to a spring salad -- they pack a lot of zing!
WHAT'S ON U-PICK:
- Strawberries! Come any day you want (although on Saturday please wait until after 1 p.m. so we have a chance to pick what we need for the weekly shares that day). See the white board in the washing station for details.
That's it for week 1! Enjoy the share!
~ The Clagett Farm Team